This time I'm talking to an absolute legend: Mitchell Hashimoto, the CTO of HashiCorp the company behind a series of brilliant open source products (Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Vagrant) that are highly successfully both business wise and community wise. I would even argue that HashiCorp is the only company that manages to do that.
We talk about:
- The path from 7 to 1000+ employees in the last 10 years 📈📈📈
- How Mitch is still able to be a very active github user and contribute a lot of code while growing a big enterprise company to IPO
- How to build successful open source projects
- Where to draw the line in open core businesses
- How to be able to prevent cloud providers from sucking your blood 🧛