This time I had Olivier Bonnet, the CTO of BlaBlaCar in the podcast. BlaBlaCar is the carpooling company: They own the market. They are active in 22 Countries, have 100M+ Users and acquired 12 other carpooling companies. Olivier, the CTO, joined me to talk about:
- How his time at Apple taught him to think long term
- 100 million users, 12 acquisitions: The strategy behind BlaCar
- The complexity of route planning 🌐
- How writing 🖊️ helps people at Bla to structure their thoughts: They are writing press releases for new features, Amazon style.
- You build it, you run it! How technology decision discipline works at BlaCar
Was a great ride with you, Olivier! We both turned out to be a bit more Bla ;-) in this episode than we initially thought.