Today with me in the Podcast is Tim O'Reilly, the Founder & CEO of O'Reilly Media and boy, his 1,5 million twitter followers are there for a reason!
People call him "the Oracle of the Silicon Valley", he came up with the term "Web 2.0" - This man is crazy a wizard!
We spoke about:
- Writing as superpower! How it helps you to structure your thoughts.
- How he started OSCON and great nerdy 90s
- The big tectonic "Platform changes" and how the giants use "Algorithmic Rents" to silently put more money into their pockets
- The wrong incentives and optimization functions of our economy and how to change it
- How we are part of "the machine" and "the machine" needs us to decide what is good ("ham") and what is bad ("spam")
Brilliant thoughts! Thank you so much Tim!