This time I had Jean Michel Lemieux or short JML, the CTO of 🛒 Shopify 🛒 in the podcast. Craziest fact: He took the time two days before black Friday 💥. In the podcast he also told me why.
We spoke about:
- His fight against crazy 👟 sneaker - sniping - bots and how Shopify keeps people in line happy with games
- What it takes to run the largest Ruby on Rails (majestic ;-)) monolith on the planet
- Why he does not believe in microservice architecture but still runs some services
- How he keeps his 2000 engineer army aligned
- Why he still sells stuff for kids online through his own platform
It was crazy fun, even if I missed the swearing after David Heinemeier Hansson took that route.