This time in the podcast I have a very bright guest I admire for years: Eric Bowman, SVP Engineering at TomTom, Former VP Engineering at Zalando AND one of the developers behind the game "The Sims" 🧍♂️ He is a brilliant mind when it comes to tech leadership and has strong opinions on autonomy and empowerment.
Topics we touched:
- How 90s gaming development compares to 20s large scale tech teams
- What TomTom does these days and the technical challenges in location based services & mapping these days
- How to establish tech culture and open source in a large enterprise
- The challenges of the automotive industry in a software world 🚗
- 📈 The importances of the accelerate KPIs in modern engineering orgs and how to move fast 📈
It was a pleasure talking to you, Eric!